Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Episode IV: A New Blog

Five years ago, more or less, I started a blog on the late, lamented Yahoo! 360; when that was discontinued, I lost heart and interest and blogged no more.  Now I feel the urge to write again; I make no claims of being a great writer or having original thoughts, but I want to share what I have nonetheless.

A little about me: I’m a human being living on the planet Earth; more specifically, the northeastern corner of the state of Tennessee, in the United States of America.  I was born a male approximately four decades ago, was socialized as a male, and remain male-bodied.  Most of the time, I dress and act more or less in ways culturally sanctioned for men, and use my male birth name.  Sometimes, though, I dress and act more or less in ways culturally sanctioned for women, and use the name Wendy.  If you must use a label, transgender will do.  I am married to a woman who is OK with all this.  I work as a server administrator for a smallish corporation in the process of being swallowed by a gargantuan corporation.  I lead a rock band, in which I play guitar and sing.  I write and record my own songs.  I am a member of a Unitarian Universalist congregation.

I sometimes think I'm a walking contradiction.  I'm open-minded, yet stubborn.  A religious agnostic.  A cynical optimist.  A sloppy perfectionist.  A womanly man.  An IT professional with a distrust of technology.  A very shy person who loves to play music in front of an audience.  You get the idea.  I'm mostly OK with contradictions and paradoxes; in fact, I think they make life interesting.  While I maintain this blog, I want to share my contradictions, thoughts and history with anyone who might be reading.  I want to add my voice to the babble of humanity, if only for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment